Mount Olive Criminal Defense LawyerPut Our Winning Strategy to Work for You
Criminal Defense Attorney In Mount Olive, NJ
You need A Determined Attorney On Your Side When It Comes To Your Crime in Morris County & Beyond
Being innocent isn’t always enough when it comes to defending yourself against a serious criminal charge. The sad reality is that many innocent people are ultimately convicted of crimes at trial in Mount Olive, New Jersey, or they wind up taking bad plea deals in order to avoid a long, drawn-out legal process that negatively affects their life and their livelihood. Do not make the mistake of thinking that you do not need a lawyer simply because you are innocent of what the prosecution has accused you of doing. If you attempt to defend yourself, you could inadvertently admit a violation of the law and play right into the hands of the prosecutor. Moreover, you won’t be prepared to deal with the strict filing requirements, deadlines, and other complicated formal procedures of the NJ criminal justice system. You need to speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney before it’s too late. If you have been arrested and charged with a crime in Mount Olive, NJ, the experienced criminal lawyers at James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, LLC can help you fight the charges and avoid the most severe penalties. Contact us anytime.
Our Mount Olive Lawyer Helps You Fight Criminal Charges in Superior or Municipal Court
James M. Porfido has decades of experience in Morris County courtrooms, including Mount Olive Municipal Court. Whether you face felony charges in Morris County Superior Court or misdemeanor charges in a local municipal court, Mr. Porfido is prepared to defend you against the charges. Here are some of the types of cases Mr. Porfido handles:
- Drug Offenses: simple possession of marijuana, cocaine possession, heroin possession, prescription drug crimes, possession with the intent to distribute a CDS (controlled dangerous substance), and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Assault & Threat Crimes: aggravated assault, simple assault, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, bar fights, and domestic violence
- Juvenile Crimes: underage drinking, minor in possession of alcohol, marijuana possession, property crimes, drug crimes, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, and shoplifting
- Theft & Fraud Offenses: robbery, theft of movable property, theft by deception, credit card fraud, and shoplifting
- Property Crimes: burglary, arson, vandalism such as graffiti/tagging, breaking and entering, destruction of government property, and destruction of school property
- White Collar Crimes: mail fraud, wire fraud, racketeering, embezzlement, forgery, identity theft, and money laundering
- Internet Crimes: child pornography possession, internet solicitation of a minor, computer crimes, eBay and PayPal scams, and bank account fraud
- Sex Crimes: sexual assault, criminal sexual contact, sexual battery, prostitution, solicitation, lewdness, child endangerment, and Megan’s Law violations
- Weapons Offenses: certain person offenses, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, conceal and carry law violations, and Graves Act offenses
- Traffic Violations: driving on a suspended or revoked license, speeding, reckless driving, careless driving, and driving without insurance
- DUI/DWI Offenses: leaving the scene of a DWI accident, breath test refusal, underage DWI, DWI on federal land, and drug-related DUI offenses
- Post-Conviction Relief: expungements and appeals of criminal convictions
- Parole Probation Violations: positive urine screening, failure to pay restitution, contact with a victim, and failure to register as a sex offender
“Mr. Porfido came highly recommended to me when I found myself in need of representation in Federal court. I was impressed by his legal skill & knowledge. It was also apparent to me through this process that he was highly respected by his peers.”- M.M.
“Mr. Porfido always followed up and answered my emails and calls no matter the time. He also showed great compassion and concern for me and my children through the whole case and even after.”- N.K.
“James is by far the best attorney I’ve worked and I have referred friends and family to the Porfido Law Firm for years. The staff is extra friendly and James helped my friend with his expungement which allowed him to get the job he wanted after colle”- R.M.
“I've used his services on two occasions and each time his entire staff was very helpful, professional and swift in handling my situation, I couldn't have asked for a better outcome and I absolutely highly recommend James!”- T.A.
“Great experience. Handles himself extremely well in front of the judge. Very knowledgeable and gets the job done. Would highly recommend him to my friends.”- J.R.
We have worked both sides of criminal cases. We are committed to helping individuals who face criminal charges.
- Protect your rights
- Minimize the impact on your daily lives
- Fight for best possible case outcomes and explore all defenses to achieve best results
- Prevent criminal charges or convictions from damaging future opportunities
- For clients dealing with domestic violence, addiction and more, we will connect you with experts to ensure you get the help you need