DUI DefensePut Our Winning Strategy to Work for You
Morristown DUI Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against DUI & DWI Charges in Morris County
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of being charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in Morris County, you will need to hire a Morristown DUI lawyer. Our DUI lawyer is a specialist in drunk driving defense and will be able to help you navigate the complex legal system and can help you avoid these harsh penalties, and keep your record clean.
When choosing a DUI attorney, it is essential to choose someone with experience in this area of law. You should also feel comfortable communicating with your lawyer and confident they will fight for your rights. If you have been charged with DUI, don’t hesitate to contact a lawyer who can help you. The sooner you get legal help, the better your chances of avoiding a conviction. At James Porfido, Attorney at Law, we offer strategic and aggressive advocacy to protect your rights and interests.
Are you facing a DUI or DWI charge in New Jersey? Call James Porfido, Attorney at Law today at (973) 370-9788 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our DUI attorney in Morristown!
DUI/DWI Cases We Handle
Our DWI attorney in Morristown, NJ handles a wide range of DUI/DWI cases, including:
- Accidents with injury
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Refusing to be tested
- Underage DWI
- DWI on federal land
- Drug-related DWI
- High blood alcohol content (BAC)
- Court-ordered ignition interlock devices
- Issues involving vehicle operation
- Observation versus BAC challenge — use of drug recognition expert (DRE)
Even a first-time offender may face loss of license or jail time in some instances. If you have been convicted of a DUI/ DWI charge before, you need an aggressive and experienced attorney because DWI sentences will vary.
Defenses Against DUI & DWI Charges in New Jersey
At James Porfido, Attorney at Law, we have successfully represented many clients charged with drunk driving in Morristown, New Jersey. As a result, we have the skill and experience needed to spot and exploit deficiencies in the prosecution’s case. We have extensive experience and will take the following actions in your DUI/DWI case:
- Challenging the Traffic Stop: If the police officer lacked reasonable suspicion to stop your vehicle or did not follow proper procedures during the stop, it may be possible to challenge the legality of the traffic stop. If the court determines that the stop was invalid, any evidence obtained after the stop, such as field sobriety tests or breathalyzer results, may be suppressed.
- Inaccurate Breathalyzer Results: Breathalyzer machines can be prone to errors and inaccuracies. You could challenge the reliability of the breathalyzer test results by questioning the maintenance and calibration of the device, the training of the operator, or the presence of any external factors that may have affected the results.
- Field Sobriety Test Errors: Field sobriety tests, such as the walk-and-turn or one-leg stand tests, are subjective and can be influenced by various factors. You can challenge the validity of these tests by questioning the officer's administration, the conditions under which the test was conducted, or any physical or medical conditions that may have affected your performance.
- Rising Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) Defense: The "rising blood alcohol" defense argues that your BAC was below the legal limit while driving but increased to an illegal level by the time the breathalyzer test was conducted. This defense relies on expert testimony and evidence to demonstrate the rate at which alcohol is absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Necessity Defense: In rare cases, you may argue that you had no choice but to drive under the influence to avoid more significant harm. This defense requires demonstrating that you faced an immediate and unavoidable threat and that driving under the result was the only reasonable option to prevent that harm.
DUI and DWI laws can be complex, and the effectiveness of these defenses can vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case. It's crucial to consult with an experienced Morristown DWI lawyer who can assess the details and help you build a strong defense strategy.
Contact Our Morristown DUI Attorney Today
When you plead guilty to a DUI/DWI case, you lose opportunities to challenge the DWI charges against you. Our DWI defense attorney at our Morristown criminal defense law firm has extensive experience and will aggressively assert your rights in court to defeat the charges or minimize the consequences of a DWI conviction.
If you do not have access to proper representation, a motion to vacate, guilty plea, or a timely appeal to your DWI case can be made if you have no access to proper representation.
Contact James Porfido, Attorney at Law, today to schedule a consultation with our DUI lawyer in Morristown!
“Mr. Porfido came highly recommended to me when I found myself in need of representation in Federal court. I was impressed by his legal skill & knowledge. It was also apparent to me through this process that he was highly respected by his peers.”- M.M.
“Mr. Porfido always followed up and answered my emails and calls no matter the time. He also showed great compassion and concern for me and my children through the whole case and even after.”- N.K.
“James is by far the best attorney I’ve worked and I have referred friends and family to the Porfido Law Firm for years. The staff is extra friendly and James helped my friend with his expungement which allowed him to get the job he wanted after colle”- R.M.
“I've used his services on two occasions and each time his entire staff was very helpful, professional and swift in handling my situation, I couldn't have asked for a better outcome and I absolutely highly recommend James!”- T.A.
“Great experience. Handles himself extremely well in front of the judge. Very knowledgeable and gets the job done. Would highly recommend him to my friends.”- J.R.
We have worked both sides of criminal cases. We are committed to helping individuals who face criminal charges.
- Protect your rights
- Minimize the impact on your daily lives
- Fight for best possible case outcomes and explore all defenses to achieve best results
- Prevent criminal charges or convictions from damaging future opportunities
- For clients dealing with domestic violence, addiction and more, we will connect you with experts to ensure you get the help you need