Appeals LawyerPut Our Winning Strategy to Work for You
Criminal Appeals Attorney In Morristown, NJ
Appeals Protect Your Treatment By New Jersey Courts
In many municipal cases, including cases involving DUI and drug crimes, you can appeal your case for a retrial if the judge made an error, the prosecution prejudiced the proceedings, or you received inadequate counsel (see N.J.S.A. R.7:12). At the law offices of James M. Porfido, we are committed to providing the advocacy you need to seek justice on appeal. We help to preserve issues that may result in a reversal of a judgment of conviction.
Even if you have been convicted of a crime, your case is not over if you were convicted on error. Our Morristown criminal appeals lawyer examine the court records and the facts of your case to determine if there was an error of law or other irregularity. Contact us today for an initial consultation and case evaluation.
When Can You Appeal Your NJ Criminal Conviction?
Morristown criminal appeals lawyer James Porfido can appeal your case for a variety of reasons:
- The judge gave improper jury instructions, compromising the results of your trial.
- Your trial lawyer provided inadequate counsel in your defense.
- The judge made a fundamental error, such as admitting prejudicial evidence, improperly administering a legal test, or denying expert testimony that favored your case.
- Limiting the scope of the defense case.
- Most of our appellate cases come from the municipal court. These cases range from the appeal of domestic violence and assault to DUI or traffic offense. We can take necessary legal action to preserve your license during the appeals process.
Our attorney takes the time to explore your legal options, anticipating all possible outcomes of your case. We have the experience to understand the record and identify errors made during your first trial. We will call out these issues and skillfully present them on appeal.
Contact a New Jersey State Appeals Lawyer Today!
To arrange an initial consultation with an experienced Morristown criminal appeals lawyer and Certified Criminal Trial Attorney as Certified by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey, contact us today.
“Mr. Porfido came highly recommended to me when I found myself in need of representation in Federal court. I was impressed by his legal skill & knowledge. It was also apparent to me through this process that he was highly respected by his peers.”- M.M.
“Mr. Porfido always followed up and answered my emails and calls no matter the time. He also showed great compassion and concern for me and my children through the whole case and even after.”- N.K.
“James is by far the best attorney I’ve worked and I have referred friends and family to the Porfido Law Firm for years. The staff is extra friendly and James helped my friend with his expungement which allowed him to get the job he wanted after colle”- R.M.
“I've used his services on two occasions and each time his entire staff was very helpful, professional and swift in handling my situation, I couldn't have asked for a better outcome and I absolutely highly recommend James!”- T.A.
“Great experience. Handles himself extremely well in front of the judge. Very knowledgeable and gets the job done. Would highly recommend him to my friends.”- J.R.
We have worked both sides of criminal cases. We are committed to helping individuals who face criminal charges.
- Protect your rights
- Minimize the impact on your daily lives
- Fight for best possible case outcomes and explore all defenses to achieve best results
- Prevent criminal charges or convictions from damaging future opportunities
- For clients dealing with domestic violence, addiction and more, we will connect you with experts to ensure you get the help you need