Criminal Defense Attorney in Mount Olive, NJ
You need A Determined Attorney On Your Side When It Comes To Your Crime in Morris County & Beyond
Being innocent isn’t always enough when it comes to defending yourself against a serious criminal charge. The sad reality is that many innocent people are ultimately convicted of crimes at trial in Mount Olive, New Jersey, or they wind up taking bad plea deals in order to avoid a long, drawn-out legal process that negatively affects their life and their livelihood. Do not make the mistake of thinking that you do not need a lawyer simply because you are innocent of what the prosecution has accused you of doing. If you attempt to defend yourself, you could inadvertently admit a violation of the law and play right into the hands of the prosecutor. Moreover, you won’t be prepared to deal with the strict filing requirements, deadlines, and other complicated formal procedures of the NJ criminal justice system. You need to speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney before it’s too late.
If you have been arrested and charged with a crime in Mount Olive, NJ, the experienced criminal lawyers at James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, LLC can help you fight the charges and avoid the most severe penalties. Contact us anytime.
Our Mount Olive Lawyer Helps You Fight Criminal Charges in Superior or Municipal Court
James M. Porfido has decades of experience in Morris County courtrooms, including Mount Olive Municipal Court. Whether you face felony charges in Morris County Superior Court or misdemeanor charges in a local municipal court, Mr. Porfido is prepared to defend you against the charges. Here are some of the types of cases Mr. Porfido handles:
- Drug Offenses: simple possession of marijuana, cocaine possession, heroin possession, prescription drug crimes, possession with the intent to distribute a CDS (controlled dangerous substance), and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Assault & Threat Crimes: aggravated assault, simple assault, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, bar fights, and domestic violence
- Juvenile Crimes: underage drinking, minor in possession of alcohol, marijuana possession, property crimes, drug crimes, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, and shoplifting
- Theft & Fraud Offenses: robbery, theft of movable property, theft by deception, credit card fraud, and shoplifting
- Property Crimes: burglary, arson, vandalism such as graffiti/tagging, breaking and entering, destruction of government property, and destruction of school property
- White Collar Crimes: mail fraud, wire fraud, racketeering, embezzlement, forgery, identity theft, and money laundering
- Internet Crimes: child pornography possession, internet solicitation of a minor, computer crimes, eBay and PayPal scams, and bank account fraud
- Sex Crimes: sexual assault, criminal sexual contact, sexual battery, prostitution, solicitation, lewdness, child endangerment, and Megan’s Law violations
- Weapons Offenses: certain person offenses, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, conceal and carry law violations, and Graves Act offenses
- Traffic Violations: driving on a suspended or revoked license, speeding, reckless driving, careless driving, and driving without insurance
- DUI/DWI Offenses: leaving the scene of a DWI accident, breath test refusal, underage DWI, DWI on federal land, and drug-related DUI offenses
- Post-Conviction Relief: expungements and appeals of criminal convictions
- Parole Probation Violations: positive urine screening, failure to pay restitution, contact with a victim, and failure to register as a sex offender
James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, LLC is a law firm that is dedicated to helping clients charged with crimes in Morris County, NJ. We have the experience, the legal knowledge, and the resources needed to win your case, so contact us today.
Why Should You Choose James Porfido?
James Porfido has extensive experience as both a criminal defense lawyer and a prosecutor in Morris County. In fact, he has been actively engaged in the prosecution and defense of criminal matters in Morris County for more than 20 years. Mr. Porfido’s experience as a prosecutor has provided him with invaluable insights into how prosecutors strategize in criminal cases, how they negotiate in advance of trial, and what kinds of arguments they make in the courtroom. This unique understanding of prosecutorial strategies, gained from years of experience, will be invaluable when Mr. Porfido handles your case.
James M. Porfido has obtained numerous accolades and honors during his distinguished legal career. For example, Mr. Porfido received the Super Lawyer designation to indicate a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement when it comes to representing clients in criminal cases. Mr. Porfido is also among a small percentage of attorneys in New Jersey to be recognized as a Certified Criminal Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey. This means that Mr. Porfido knows how to get the job done in the courtroom and win your case if it goes to trial.
Contact a Mount Olive, New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer About Your Case Today
Were you recently arrested in Mount Olive, New Jersey. Then you need a good Mount Olive NJ lawyer to guide you through the complicated process of answering the charges. James Porfido is an experienced, knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer who knows the law and the players in Mount Olive Municipal Court. Call Mr. Porfido today to discuss your case over the phone or to schedule a meeting at his Morristown office.
About Mount Olive, New Jersey
Mount Olive is a township located in the western part of Morris County, NJ. Mount Olive has a rapidly growing population of just over 28,000 people and a geographic area of approximately 31.1 square miles. Mount Olive was formed in 1871 from parts of Roxbury Township, with certain sections of Mount Olive later being used to form Netcong, New Jersey. Mount Olive has a number of unincorporated communities, including Bartley, Budd Lake, Flanders, Saxton Falls, and Waterloo. Mount Olive also has several public parks that are popular among local residents and visitors, including Turkey Brook Park (which features Mount Playmore, a large play area for children), Budd Lake Beach Park, Powerline Park, Flanders Park, and Drakes Brook Park.
Mount Olive police officers patrol the township’s many local roadways, while NJ State troopers can often be spotted looking for speeders on Interstate 80, US Route 46, and US Route 206. The section of US Route 206 that runs through Mount Olive is also known as the Netcong Bypass. Victims of auto accidents on Mount Olive roads and highways, as well as victims of violent crimes, are typically transported to nearby medical facilities in Netcong, Hackettstown, and Dover.
The violent crime rate in Mount Olive, NJ is well below both the national crime rate and the state crime rate, according to the most recent data compiled by the New Jersey State Police. This is one reason that more and more NJ residents are choosing to live in Mount Olive.