Criminal Defense Lawyer in Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
Seasoned Attorney Defending Criminal Clients Throughout Morris County & Beyond
A single mistake can potentially ruin the rest of your life. The reality is that having a criminal conviction on your permanent record could make it impossible for you to get a job, rent a home, or secure a loan in the future. That’s why it is crucial that anyone who has been arrested and charged with a crime in Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ, or anywhere else in Morris County, have a skilled criminal defense attorney representing them. In fact, selecting the right attorney to handle your defense may be the most important decision you ever make.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime in Parsippany-Troy Hills, James M. Porfido can help. Call Mr. Porfido today to discuss the specifics of your case.
Parsippany NJ Attorney Can Help If You Have Been Charged with Drug Possession, Simple Assault, or Any Other Crime
James Porfido has extensive trial experience and has successfully represented countless clients facing criminal charges in Parsippany, NJ. Here are some of Mr. Porfido’s areas of practice:
- Drug Offenses: simple possession of marijuana, cocaine possession, heroin possession, prescription drug crimes, possession with the intent to distribute a CDS (controlled dangerous substance), and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Assault & Threat Crimes: aggravated assault, simple assault, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, bar fights, and domestic violence
- Juvenile Crimes: underage drinking, minor in possession of alcohol, marijuana possession, property crimes, drug crimes, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, and shoplifting
- Theft & Fraud Offenses: robbery, theft of movable property, theft by deception, credit card fraud, and shoplifting
- Property Crimes: burglary, arson, vandalism such as graffiti/tagging, breaking and entering, destruction of government property, and destruction of school property
- White Collar Crimes: mail fraud, wire fraud, racketeering, embezzlement, forgery, identity theft, and money laundering
- Internet Crimes: child pornography possession, internet solicitation of a minor, computer crimes, eBay and PayPal scams, and bank account fraud
- Sex Crimes: sexual assault, criminal sexual contact, sexual battery, prostitution, solicitation, lewdness, child endangerment, and Megan’s Law violations
- Weapons Offenses: certain person offenses, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, conceal and carry law violations, and Graves Act offenses
- Traffic Violations: driving on a suspended or revoked license, speeding, reckless driving, careless driving, and driving without insurance
- DUI/DWI Offenses: leaving the scene of a DWI accident, breath test refusal, underage DWI, DWI on federal land, and drug-related DUI offenses
- Post-Conviction Relief: expungements and appeals of criminal convictions
- Parole Probation Violations: positive urine screening, failure to pay restitution, contact with a victim, and failure to register as a sex offender
At James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, LLC, we are prepared to defend you against any criminal charges or traffic tickets in Parsippany, New Jersey.
Why Choose James Porfido?
James M. Porfido is a highly respected litigator with nearly 25 years of experience in criminal law in New Jersey. Mr. Porfido is a former Morris County prosecutor, which gives him unique insight into prosecutorial strategies when he defends his clients against criminal charges in Morris County Superior Court and municipal courts throughout Morris County, including the Parsippany Municipal Court. Mr. Porfido is also among a select group of criminal trial attorneys to be certified by the NJ Supreme Court, so you can count on him to aggressively represent you and effectively argue on your behalf if your case goes to trial.
When you hire James Porfido to represent you in your criminal matter in Parsippany Municipal Court, whether you’ve been charged with simple assault, shoplifting, or any other disorderly persons offense, you can count on personalized attention from Mr. Porfido. Every legal strategy crafted by Mr. Porfido is tailored to the unique facts of each case and developed through close communication with the client.
Contact a Skilled Parsippany, NJ Criminal Defense Attorney Today
Were you recently arrested in Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ? Then you need an aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your side. Experienced Parsippany criminal defense attorney James Porfido is ready to fight for you. Call him now so that he can review the facts of your case and help you formulate a winning strategy.
About the Parsippany-Troy Hills Area
Parsippany-Troy Hills is a township located in the eastern section of Morris County, New Jersey. The township, which locals commonly refer to as Parsippany, has a total population of 53,238 residents and a geographic area of 25.4 square miles. Parsippany-Troy Hills used to be known as Parsippany-Troy, but the township name was changed so that no one would confuse the NJ township with a New York city going by the same name. Some of the unincorporated communities in Parsippany-Troy Hills include Greystone Park, Lake Hiawatha, Mount Tabor, Rainbow Lakes, Rockaway Neck, and Tabor.
Parsippany-Troy Hills has been recognized as one of “the best places to live” in the United States. Parsippany has a crime rate that ranks among the lowest in the country, making it a popular place for families to raise their children. Parsippany is also home to the headquarters for numerous US companies, including Allergan, Kings Food Markets, Lexus, PNY Technologies, and Wyndham Worldwide, as well as the US-based operations for international corporations like Cadbury Adams, Ricola, and Safilo.
Several major highways pass through Parsippany-Troy Hills, including Interstate 80, Interstate 280, Interstate 287, US Route 46, US Route 202, New Jersey Route 10, and New Jersey Route 53 (also known as the Alex DeCroce Memorial Highway). Parsippany law enforcement officers and NJ State troopers are often on the lookout for speeders and drunk drivers on these roads.