Criminal Defense Attorney in Roxbury, NJ
Accomplished Defense Attorney Helping Clients in Morris County & Throughout New Jersey
If you have been charged with a crime, whether it’s a felony-level offense like aggravated assault or a disorderly persons offense like marijuana possession, it is imperative that you take the charges very seriously and secure qualified legal counsel as soon as possible. Most importantly, you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer who will serve as your advocate in and out of the courtroom. The skilled members of the legal team at James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, LLC are committed to helping individuals who have been accused of crimes in Roxbury or anywhere else in Morris County, New Jersey. We will protect your legal rights and fight for an acquittal so that you can maintain your freedom and preserve your bright future.
Getting arrested is never a pleasant experience. Fighting serious criminal charges can be an even worse experience. James M. Porfido is an experienced Roxbury criminal defense lawyer who is prepared to help you get through this difficult situation.
Roxbury, NJ Attorney Is Prepared to Win Your Case
When you hire James M. Porfido to represent you in your Roxbury NJ criminal matter, you know that he will be dedicated to the case from start to finish and work directly with you until your case is resolved. Mr. Porfido regularly represents clients charged with all kinds of criminal offenses, including the following:
- Drug Offenses: simple possession of marijuana, cocaine possession, heroin possession, prescription drug crimes, possession with the intent to distribute a CDS (controlled dangerous substance), and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Assault & Threat Crimes: aggravated assault, simple assault, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, bar fights, and domestic violence
- Juvenile Crimes: underage drinking, minor in possession of alcohol, marijuana possession, property crimes, drug crimes, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, and shoplifting
- Theft & Fraud Offenses: robbery, theft of movable property, theft by deception, credit card fraud, and shoplifting
- Property Crimes: burglary, arson, vandalism such as graffiti/tagging, breaking and entering, destruction of government property, and destruction of school property
- White Collar Crimes: mail fraud, wire fraud, racketeering, embezzlement, forgery, identity theft, and money laundering
- Internet Crimes: child pornography possession, internet solicitation of a minor, computer crimes, eBay and PayPal scams, and bank account fraud
- Sex Crimes: sexual assault, criminal sexual contact, sexual battery, prostitution, solicitation, lewdness, child endangerment, and Megan’s Law violations
- Weapons Offenses: certain person offenses, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, conceal and carry law violations, and Graves Act offenses
- Traffic Violations: driving on a suspended or revoked license, speeding, reckless driving, careless driving, and driving without insurance
- DUI/DWI Offenses: leaving the scene of a DWI accident, breath test refusal, underage DWI, DWI on federal land, and drug-related DUI offenses
- Post-Conviction Relief: expungements and appeals of criminal convictions
- Parole Probation Violations: positive urine screening, failure to pay restitution, contact with a victim, and failure to register as a sex offender
At James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, LLC, our skilled legal team will help you achieve the best possible outcome to your case by interviewing witnesses, examining evidence, and negotiating with prosecutors in advance of trial.
James Porfido Is a Former Morris County Prosecutor with Extensive Trial Experience
James M. Porfido has decades of experience in Morris County courtrooms, including Morris County Superior Court and Roxbury Township Municipal Court. Mr. Porfido also knows what it is like on the other side of the courtroom: from 1989 to 1997, he served as an assistant Morris County Prosecutor and was the chief prosecutor of the Vehicular Homicide and Assault by Auto Unit, as well as the Sex Crimes & Child Endangerment Unit. Now he fights on behalf of defendants in criminal cases throughout Morris County.
During his many years of legal practice, James Porfido has received numerous awards and honors, including being named a Certified Trial Attorney by the NJ Supreme Court and being recognized by the Policeman’s Benevolent Association, the Fraternal Order of Police, and the New Jersey Crime Victims Law Center. Most importantly, Mr. Porfido has a track record of success when it comes to defending clients against serious criminal charges in New Jersey. You can count on Mr. Porfido and his skilled legal team to protect your legal rights in any criminal matter.
Talk to a Knowledgeable Roxbury Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one was recently arrested in Roxbury, New Jersey, your first call should be to experienced Roxbury criminal defense attorney James M. Porfido. Mr. Porfido will provide your case with highly personalized attention and fight to get you acquitted of the criminal charges you face. Moreover, because opposing prosecutors know that Mr. Porfido is a tenacious litigator who understands how to persuasively argue in the courtroom, they are often willing to drop the charges or, alternatively, to offer very favorable plea deals that minimize the potential penalties. Contact Roxbury criminal defense lawyer James Porfido now and explore your legal options.
Roxbury, New Jersey
Roxbury is a township in Morris County, NJ. Roxbury Township has a population of around 23,300 residents and a geographic area of 21.9 square miles. (In terms of population, Roxbury is the fifth-most populous municipality in Morris County.) Roxbury is situated 36 miles away from New York City and 27 miles away from Newark, New Jersey. Among the census-designated places and unincorporated communities located in Roxbury are Kenvil, Succasunna, Baker Mill Pond, Berkshire Valley, Lake Hopatcong, Landing, Ledgewood, and Port Morris.
Many visitors to Roxbury Township go shopping at the Ledgewood Mall and the Roxbury Mall, both of which are located on NJ State Route 10. The Ledgewood Mall, also known as The Shops at Ledgewood Commons, is an enclosed mall with major retail stores like Wal-Mart, Marshalls, and Ashley Furniture HomeStores. Roxbury Township police officers and NJ State troopers patrol the township’s roads and highways, including NJ Route 10, NJ Route 183, US Route 46, US Route 206, and Interstate 80. Car accident victims and motorcycle accident victims on Roxbury roadways are usually transported to MedExpress Urgent Care in Ledgewood, NJ or Saint Clare’s Dover Hospital in Dover, NJ.